Dairymen's association, Center scholarship supports YDLI program
The Dairymen’s Association and Center for Dairy Excellence are offering up to four partial scholarships for Pennsylvania dairy producers to attend the Holstein Foundation’s Young Dairy Leaders Institute (YDLI).
The Young Dairy Leaders Institute is a nationally recognized three-phase leader and communication skills development program for young adults (ages 22-45) working in the dairy industry, with all breeds of cattle. Each participant develops top-tier skills and the personal network needed to succeed in today's dairy business.
“YDLI helped me to recognize that there is a future in the dairy industry and it's one that is extremely bright,” said Emily Yeiser, dairy initiatives manager at the Center for Dairy Excellence, “It will make you feel relevant and equip you to make an impact on the industry. I was surrounded with 53 classmates and a program that renewed my passion for making a difference in the dairy industry and identified ways to do so.”
Class nine will meet February 25-28, 2015, and February 24-27, 2016, in Phoenix, AZ. The application deadline is August 1, 2014, and enrollment is limited to allow for increased one-on-one instruction. Scholarships will be awarded based upon the following criteria and will be used to offset the cost of an individual to attend the full Young Dairy Leaders Institute for the duration of two years.
Successful scholarship candidates shall be:
- Be an active Pennsylvania dairy farmer
- Have formally completed an application for the current class of Young Dairy Leaders Institute and submitted to the Holstein Foundation by designated deadline
- Have no pre-identified industry or business sponsor affiliate to offset the cost of attending Young Dairy Leaders Institute
- Shows commitment to encouraging other Pennsylvania dairy farmers to apply and participate in future Young Dairy Leaders Institute classes
- Willing to share Young Dairy Leader Institute projects and impact with Center for Dairy Excellence and Dairymen’s Association boards
Visit http://www.holsteinfoundation.org/YDLI/ to download the application. Upon completion, applications should be sent to: Holstein Foundation, PO Box 816, Brattleboro, Vt., 05302-0816 or emailed to email@example.com.