This week in DairyBusiness Update: Feb. 18, 2013
This week in DairyBusiness Update:
1) California order: World Ag Expo panel discussion lays out issues, challenges facing move toward federal order.
2) 2012 dairy exports: A tale of two halves.
3) Trends: California March Class 1 prices decline; 2012 alfalfa hay exports set record
4) Numbers: U.S. female dairy cattle exports down from 2011’s record
5) Industry: FDA urged to scan ‘yogurt’ labels; MilkPEP gears up for breakfast partnership
6) Washington: Senate Ag Committee hears about drought's impact on dairy feed prices; EU, U.S. to talk trade
And, next Wednesday in DairyBusiness Weekly:
Coming in DairyBusiness Weekly, our digital-only magazine:
1) Avoid ‘industrial espionage’: Don't hire animal rights activists in the first place
2) Forth Worth Livestock Show results; 50th All-American Dairy Show scheduled
3) Dairy trade: Mixed signals
4) 37th International Osnabrueck Black & White Days
5) Social media, calendars and more.
Editorial Director – DairyBusiness Communications
7221 Country Village Dr.
Wisconsin Rapids, WI 54494
For a sample copy of DairyBusiness Update, or subscription information, visit http://dairybusiness.com/Update.php or phone: 800-334-1904, ext. 244.
Stay connected to DairyBusiness Communications on the go with the DairyBusiness News section on our HolsteinWorld APP for iPhone and Droid. Simply go to http://www.widgetbox.com/mobile/app/holstein-world-rblodgett