This week in DairyBusiness Update: Jan. 7, 2013
New name, same comprehensive dairy coverage
Happy New Year! Those of you accustomed to seeing DairyProfit Weekly will notice our new name: DairyBusiness Update. The new name is part of DairyBusiness Communications’ efforts to expand and rebrand its products under a common name – DairyBusiness. What hasn't changed is our desire to provide a comprehensive recap of the week’s dairy news and markets.
This week in DairyBusiness Update:
1) Backing into the future: Congress threw a one-year 2008 Farm Bill extension – including dairy policy – into its ‘flux capacitor.’
2) Regional: ‘Southeast Milk’ settlement fund; California price formulas; New York yogurt.
3) Trends: December and 2012 average ‘order’ prices are lower; so is milk-feed price ratio.
4) Numbers: 2012 dairy cow slaughter topped 3 million; Jerseys set new recording high.
5) Industry: Cheese, powder output up in November.
6) Washington: What's next for Farm Bill?
Dave Natzke, Editor
Editorial Director – DairyBusiness Communications
7221 Country Village Dr.
Wisconsin Rapids, WI 54494