This week in DairyBusiness Update: March 18, 2013
This week in DairyBusiness Update:
1) Suspended animation: USDA suspends monthly Milk Production report; farm bill and dairy policy discussions wait on budgets
2) California: Rabobank report says the state is at a pivotal point
3) Outlook: USDA expects stronger milk production, with a slight weakness in Class III prices
4) Exports: Value and volume of January dairy product exports improved
5) Industry: Wisconsin home of U.S. cheese champ, and most gold medals
Next Wednesday in DairyBusiness Weekly:
1) Tax-deferred savings accounts: Need for more milk to fuel growing yogurt industry prompts resurrection of idea.
2) Confidential reports: Take steps to try to minimize public disclosure
3) California’s crossroads: More on the Rabobank report
4) Land availability: Farm Bureau’s Young Farmers & Ranchers Leadership Conference survey reveals top concerns of young farmers
5) NEDPA: Panel discussion looks at adding members of the younger generation to a farming operation
6) Show results: Western Classic Junior Dairy Show
7) See what’s happening on social media, listen to podcasts, and much more!
Editorial Director – DairyBusiness Communications
7221 Country Village Dr.
Wisconsin Rapids, WI 54494
For a sample copy of DairyBusiness Update, or subscription information, visit http://dairybusiness.com/Update.php or phone: 800-334-1904, ext. 222.
Stay connected to DairyBusiness Communications on the go with the DairyBusiness News section on our HolsteinWorld APP for iPhone and Droid. Simply go to http://www.widgetbox.com/mobile/app/holstein-world-rblodgett