This week in DairyProfit Weekly: Dec. 10, 2012
This week in DairyProfit Weekly:
1) All classes open: CDFA Secretary Karen Ross called for a Dec. 21 hearing to consider proposed amendments to all classes of California milk – not just the Class 4b price as requested by three producer organizations.
2) 2012 MILC payments: Unless there’s an extension to the 2008 Farm Bill, the MILC program is history. University of Wisconsin-Madison dairy economist Brian Gould details how the $448 million in 2012 payments were divided.
3) DPW Trends: November prices for federal and California order manufacturing classes are announced. Higher milk prices and slightly lower corn and soybean prices helped push the preliminary November milk-feed price ratio higher.
4) DPW Numbers: October milk production may have been down, but more of it went into cheese vats, according to USDA’s Dairy Products report.
5) DPW Industry: Coca-Cola and Select Milk Producers, Inc. announced the acquisition of equity stakes in the newly-created Fair Oaks Farms Brands, LLC. Canadian-based Saputo will acquire Dean’s subsidiary, Morningstar Foods, LLC for $1.45 billion.
For a sample copy of DairyProfit Weekly, or subscription information, visit www.dairyprofit.com or phone: 800-334-1904, ext. 244.
Stay connected to DairyProfit Weekly on the go with the DairyBusiness News section on the HolsteinWorld APP for iPhone and Droid. Simply go to http://www.widgetbox.com/mobile/app/holstein-world-rblodgett
Dave Natzke, Editor
Editorial Director – DairyBusiness Communications
7221 Country Village Dr.
Wisconsin Rapids, WI 54494