This week in DairyProfit Weekly: Dec. 17, 2012
This week in DairyProfit Weekly:
1) ‘Farm Bill’ letters: One group of senators want to make sure they have means to study and eliminate end-product pricing; another group wants Farm Bill attached to “any” legislation by the end of the year.
2) Dairy trade: October’s dairy product export numbers are in, with mixed (but mostly good) news. $5 billion export year still on track.
3) Reminder: California Department of Food and Agriculture hearing to consider proposed adjustments to prices for all classes of California milk will be held Dec. 21.
4) DPW Trends: California’s January Class 1 milk prices drop. USDA’s World Ag Supply & Demand Estimates report updates dairy, feed price forecasts.
5) DPW Numbers: December 2012-November 2013 Wisconsin and California “mailbox” price projections compared. There's a 9% difference.
6) DPW Industry: Yogurt label lawsuit dismissed, but FDA urged to take up the topic.
For a sample copy of DairyProfit Weekly, or subscription information, visit www.dairyprofit.com or phone: 800-334-1904, ext. 244. And, stay connected to DairyProfit Weekly on the go with the DairyBusiness News section on the HolsteinWorld APP for iPhone and Droid. Simply go to http://www.widgetbox.com/mobile/app/holstein-world-rblodgett
Also, subscribe to our new, free, digital-only magazine, DairyBusiness Weekly, by visiting http://dairybusiness.com/dbweekly.php and filling out the form.
Dave Natzke, Editor
Editorial Director – DairyBusiness Communications
7221 Country Village Dr.
Wisconsin Rapids, WI 54494