This week in DairyProfit Weekly: Dec. 3, 2012
This week in DairyProfit Weekly:
1) Global perspectives: USDA export outlook sees another $5 billion year for dairy in FY ’13; UDA headed to Russia; USDEC sees tightening milk supplies ahead.
2) DPW Trends: December federal order Class I base price is $21.39/cwt., the highest since September 2011. Pushed by feed prices, October average milk cost of production is the highest ever.
3) DPW Numbers: October cow slaughter way up; monthly dairy product inventories saw draw-down. How many acres of corn are needed in 2013?
4) DPW Industry: Members of three Midwest dairy co-ops must vote on merger by Dec. 18. Per-capita dairy consumption: cheese and yogurt growth more than offset fluid decline.
5) DPW Washington: Lucas to remain as House Ag Committee chair in 2013, but there's still work to be done in 2012. Not Farm Bill movement yet.
For a sample copy of DairyProfit Weekly, or subscription information, visit www.dairyprofit.com or phone: 800-334-1904, ext. 244.
Stay connected to DairyProfit Weekly on the go with the DairyBusiness News section on the HolsteinWorld APP for iPhone and Droid. Simply go to http://www.widgetbox.com/mobile/app/holstein-world-rblodgett
Dave Natzke, Editor
Editorial Director – DairyBusiness Communications
7221 Country Village Dr.
Wisconsin Rapids, WI 54494