This week in DairyProfit Weekly: Nov. 19, 2012
This week in DairyProfit Weekly:
1) Dairy outlook: A cold front settled over the cheese market, with CME cheddar block down 30¢/lb. and barrels down 35.75¢/lb. since peaking on Oct. 26
2) California still cloudy: CDFA informed three dairy producer organization their petition for an emergency Class 4b hearing can’t be considered due to language technicalities. The state's producers also await a judge’s ruling on a Class 4b lawsuit.
3) FY ’12 dairy trade: The U.S. dairy trade story continues to be a bright one, setting records highs for export value and trade surplus in fiscal year 2012.
4) DPW Trends: California’s December Class 1 milk prices are down; September 2012 packaged fluid milk sales were lower, too.
5) DPW Industry: Three Midwest co-ops created the “Your Co-Opportunity” Facebook page, dedicated to sharing information on their proposed merger.
6) DPW Washington: The full House is scheduled to be in session for 12 days through the end of 2012. Will it be enough time to pass a 2012 farm Bill?
For a sample copy of DairyProfit Weekly, or subscription information, visit www.dairyprofit.com or phone: 800-334-1904, ext. 244.
Stay connected to DairyProfit Weekly on the go with the DairyBusiness News section on the HolsteinWorld APP for iPhone and Droid. Simply go to http://www.widgetbox.com/mobile/app/holstein-world-rblodgett
Dave Natzke, Editor
Editorial Director – DairyBusiness Communications
7221 Country Village Dr.
Wisconsin Rapids, WI 54494