This week in DairyProfit Weekly: Oct. 29, 2012
This week in DairyProfit Weekly:
1) A week in the Pac 12: California’s new Dairy Future Task Force met; the Dairy Institute of California blasted the Milk Producers Council; WUD said it would pursue 4b legislation; and Washington dairy producers were threatened with an environmental lawsuit.
2) DPW Trends: BTSCC improved in four federal orders; August fluid sales were down; cold storage inventories shrunk with lower milk production.
3) DPW Numbers: September dairy cow culling slowed a little from August, but remains well ahead of 2011.
4) DPW Industry: The National Milk Producers Federation is giving the REAL Seal a makeover, starting with a revamped website.
5) DPW Washington: Cantor pledges Farm Bill action after elections; LGM-Dairy margins above historical averages; Hettingas take appeal to Supreme Court.
For a sample copy of DairyProfit Weekly, or subscription information, visit www.dairyprofit.com or phone: 800-334-1904, ext. 244.
Stay connected to DairyProfit Weekly on the go with the DairyBusiness News section on the HolsteinWorld APP for iPhone and Droid. Simply go to http://www.widgetbox.com/mobile/app/holstein-world-rblodgett
Dave Natzke, Editor
Editorial Director – DairyBusiness Communications
7221 Country Village Dr.
Wisconsin Rapids, WI 54494