This week in DairyProfit Weekly: Dec. 24, 2012Print
This week in DairyProfit Weekly:
1) We’ll ‘C’ you in 2013: Christmas, Congress, chaos, cliff, contingency. A 2012 Farm Bill is looking less and less likely by year’s end.
2) November milk, cows: After three months of negative-to-steady milk production compared to the same months a year earlier, November 2012 U.S. milk production rose about 1%. Cow numbers also rose for the first time in six months.
3) DPW Trends: January Class I base milk price is down. Fluid sales’ news mixed, depending on adjustments.
4) DPW Numbers: 2012 dairy cow slaughter will top 3 million, highest total in 17 years.
5) DPW Industry: Three Midwest co-ops approve merger.
No DairyProfit Weekly next week: DPW takes it's annual Christmas/New Years vacation. We'll be back in 2013 – with a new name and a new look.
For a sample copy of DairyProfit Weekly, or subscription information, visit www.dairyprofit.com or phone: 800-334-1904, ext. 244. And, stay connected to DairyProfit Weekly on the go with the DairyBusiness News section on the HolsteinWorld APP for iPhone and Droid. Simply go to http://www.widgetbox.com/mobile/app/holstein-world-rblodgett
Also, subscribe to our new, free, digital-only magazine, DairyBusiness Weekly, by visiting http://dairybusiness.com/dbweekly.php and filling out the form.
Dave Natzke, Editor
Editorial Director – DairyBusiness Communications
7221 Country Village Dr.
Wisconsin Rapids, WI 54494