This week in DairyProfit Weekly: May 21, 2012Print
This week in DairyProfit Weekly:
1) California: In preparation for a May 31-June 1 hearing, a public workshop analyzed Class 4b whey factor proposals’ impacts on milk prices. Also, an annual milk cost of production report indicates California milk producer costs rose 15.2% in 2011. No surprises – feed is to blame.
2) If you want numbers, we have them: Pennsylvania IOFC dipped in April; April U.S. ag wages were fairly steady; but ag land values in the nation’s heartland took large jumps.
3) DPW Trends: Dairy export values were a record, and volumes were up in March, as was the monthly export-import ”total solids” balance.
4) DPW Numbers: March U.S. dairy cattle exports fell to their lowest monthly total in a year; alfalfa hay exports dipped from February’s record high.
5) DPW Washington: Senate leaders hope to move on a Farm Bill proposal quickly. U.S.-Colombia trade pact becomes effective. Expanded grain futures trading hours raise concerns.
Dave Natzke, Editor
Editorial Director – DairyBusiness Communications
7221 Country Village Dr.
Wisconsin Rapids, WI 54494