This week in DairyProfit Weekly: Nov. 12, 2012Print
This week in DairyProfit Weekly:
1) USDA reports: USDA’s WASDE report projected a small increase in 2012 milk production, but left 2013 expectations unchanged from a month ago. Price projections were mixed. USDA also released its latest Crop Production report, finding a little more corn and soybeans compared to a month ago.
2) California: Study will look at a California ‘federal order”. There's another petition for a hearing on Class 4b price formula, and familiar battle lines are drawn.
3) DPW Trends: Third-quarter report cards are in on your cows. Gross income from milk sales is good, but net income isn’t as pretty, with high feed costs taking a bigger bite out of cash receipts.
4) DPW Industry: California Dairies, Inc. announced the acquisition of certain assets of Security Milk Producers Association, a California milk marketing cooperative.
5) DPW Washington: With (most) election returns in, there will be modest changes to congressional committees dealing directly with ag issues.
For a sample copy of DairyProfit Weekly, or subscription information, visit www.dairyprofit.com or phone: 800-334-1904, ext. 244.
Stay connected to DairyProfit Weekly on the go with the DairyBusiness News section on the HolsteinWorld APP for iPhone and Droid. Simply go to http://www.widgetbox.com/mobile/app/holstein-world-rblodgett
Dave Natzke, Editor
Editorial Director – DairyBusiness Communications
7221 Country Village Dr.
Wisconsin Rapids, WI 54494