This week in DairyBusiness Update: Feb. 11, 2013
This week in DairyBusiness Update:
1) Winter chill: There’s a cold wind blowing up the coverall pant legs of dairy producers in many parts of the country, causing margins to shrink this winter.
2) Class III/IV final, finally: More than four years after the interim rule comment period closed, USDA issued a final rule amending federal order Class III/IV product price formulas.
3) Trends: USDA’s semi-annual Cattle report found a few less cows, but a larger drop-off in replacement heifers compared to a year ago.
4) Numbers: Commercial disappearance exceeded milk production in the first 11 months of 2012.
5) Industry: Dairy processors create ‘traceability’ guidance, eye ‘smart’ school snacks.
6) Washington: It’s a valentine for acronym lovers (or not), with updates on CBO, EPA, IRS, RFS, MILC.
And, next Wednesday in DairyBusiness Weekly:
Coming in DairyBusiness Weekly, our digital-only magazine:
1) Safeway’s exclusive dairy brand, announces finalists in 8th Annual Lucerne® The Art Of Dairy™ Contest
2) Penn State’s DairyCents featured on Big Ten Network
3) Changes coming to animal movement, ID
4) Recharge at PDPW's 2013 Annual Business Conference
5) Processor's perspective: Farm Bill extension was right approach
6) World Ag Supply & Demand Estimates report updates dairy outlook
For a sample copy of DairyBusiness Update, or subscription information, visit http://dairybusiness.com/Update.php or phone: 800-334-1904, ext. 244.
Stay connected to DairyBusiness Communications on the go with the DairyBusiness News section on our HolsteinWorld APP for iPhone and Droid. Simply go to http://www.widgetbox.com/mobile/app/holstein-world-rblodgett
Editorial Director – DairyBusiness Communications
7221 Country Village Dr.
Wisconsin Rapids, WI 54494