This week in DairyBusiness Update:
1) January: U.S. milk production, cow numbers are up a bit; monthly cow slaughter was the highest since whole-herd buyout in 1986
2) Herd consolidation? Maybe, but even the number of large herds declined in 2012
3) MILC deadline: Latest payment projections are in; don't forget Feb. 28 ‘relief period’ deadline
4) Industry: FDA to consider 4year-old dairy sweetener petition
5) Washington: NCBA reports CAFO information was released to animal activist groups
Coming in DairyBusiness Weekly, our digital-only magazine:
1) Moving to Nevada: With a new DFA plant coming, state dairy leaders hope 20,000 cows move in, too
2) That’s Italian: A day on a dairy in Italy
3) Dairy promotion: New York crowns a new Dairy Princess
4) More on milk drug residue test results and the size of U.S. dairy herds
5) See what’s happening on social media, listen to podcasts, and much more!
Editorial Director – DairyBusiness Communications
Editor – DairyBusiness Update
7221 Country Village Dr.
Wisconsin Rapids, WI 54494