This week in DairyBusiness Update: July 29, 2013
This week in DairyBusiness Update:
1) California truce? Petition seeks hearings on milk pricing proposal agreement
2) Trends: June milk production up a little; Iowa will import corn
3) Numbers: June dairy cow slaughter was lowest in 23 months, but …
4) Industry: There's a ‘cheese yield’ app; vanilla still top ice cream flavor
5) Washington: Watching (Farm Bill) paint drying in Washington, D.C.
• Rob Vandenheuvel of the Milk Producers Council discusses the California ‘dairy crisis’ deal.
• Mike Hutjens has some tips for dealing with dairy cattle during the hot summer.
For a sample copy of DairyBusiness Update, or subscription information, visit http://dairybusiness.com/Update.php or phone: 800-334-1904, ext. 222.
Stay connected to DairyBusiness Communications on the go with the DairyBusiness News section on our HolsteinWorld APP for iPhone and Droid. Simply go to http://www.widgetbox.com/mobile/app/holstein-world-rblodgett