Penn State Extension Dairy Team announces “Tools for Teams” webinars
Penn State’s Extension Dairy Team is offering a second series of “Tools for Teams” webinars designed for members of dairy advisory teams to provide in-depth information on using whole farm and management tools to achieve maximum profitability. While the first series of webinars focused on financial issues with farm management, this series has more of a production-oriented focus. Registration is free, but is required.
All webinars are held on Fridays and begin at 11:00 a.m. Dates and topics are:
- March 14 – Early indicators of progress: Examine resources available to help with problem-solving and monitoring management changes and prioritizing which management areas have the greatest potential for improvement. Presenter: Rob Goodling, Extension Associate
- March 28 – Farm and ranch legacy planning: Don’t leave it to chance! Presenter: Jennifer Bulkley, Financial Advisor and President of Full Circle Financial Group
- April 11 – Calculating heifer costs on your farm. Presenters: Heather Weeks, Dairy Profitability Educator and Jud Heinrichs, Professor of Dairy Science.
- April 25 – Managing milk components and volume for profitable dairy producers. Presenters: Virginia Ishler, Extension Associate and Travis Edwards, Dairy Unit Assistant Manager
- May 9 – Reproduction management: Examine strengths and weaknesses of implemented reproductive programs. Presenters: Gary Hennip, Dairy Extension Educator; Ximena del Campo, Dairy Extension Educator; and Robert Goodling, Extension Associate.
- May 30 – Best milking practices: Changing practices to lower SCC and improve milk quality. Presenter: Amber Yutzy, Dairy Herd Health Educator
- June 13 – Implementing team time-outs: Dealing with difficult team members. Presenter: Lisa Holden, Associate Professor of Dairy Science
Registration for the Tools for Teams Webinar Series is free of charge, but you must pre-register for the first session that you wish to attend. Pre-register at http://extension.psu.edu/animals/dairy/courses/tools-for-teams using the online form no later than noon the day preceding the session. Prior to the webinar session, you will receive an email that confirms your registration and contains the webinar URL. You need only register once; the same URL is used for all sessions.
For additional information or questions, contact Dr. Lisa Holden, toll-free, at 888-373-7232 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Registration may be done toll-free at 888-373-7232.
“Tools for Teams” is made possible through a grant from Northeast Sustainable Agriculture Research and Education. Participation in 2-3 webinars is eligible for 1 SmartStart credit; 4-5 webinars eligible for 2 SmartStart credits.