Senate Ag Committee sets Farm Bill markup for today (April 26)
House subcommittee ‘dairy title’ hearing also is today
The previously postponed Senate Ag Committee’s 2012 Farm Bill markup meeting has been rescheduled for today (Thursday, April 26, 10:30 a.m. Eastern), in 328A Russell Senate Office Building.
The markup will be broadcast live at (http://www.ag.senate.gov/issues/farm-bill). Due to limited seating capacity in the hearing room, an overflow room will also be provided during the markup in the Russell Senate Office Building.
The meeting had been previously been scheduled for Wednesday, April 25, but was postponed less than 10 hours prior to the scheduled start.
For more information about the Senate Ag Committee’s draft 2012 Farm Bill, including summaries and legislative text, visit the committee’s Farm Bill page. Amendments will be posted there as they are offered in the Committee.
The House Ag Committee’s Subcommittee on Livestock, Dairy, and Poultry will hold its own hearing, April 26, 2 p.m. (Eastern) to address dairy provisions of the 2012 Farm Bill. The hearing will be held in 1300 Longworth House Office Building, Washington, D.C.
Live audio and video of the hearing will be available at http://agriculture.house.gov/hearings/hearingDetails.aspx?NewsID=1569
Those scheduled to appear include:
- Dr. Scott Brown, Assistant Research Professor, Integrated Policy Group, Division of Applied Social Sciences, College of Agriculture, Food and Natural Resources, University of Missouri
- Mr. Patrick Joseph "Joe" Wright, V&W Farms, Inc., on behalf of Southeast Milk Inc., Avon Park, Fla.
- Mr. Tom Barcellos, Board President, Western United Dairymen, Porterville, Calif.
- Mr. Jon Davis, Chief Executive Officer, Davisco Foods International, Inc., on behalf of International Dairy Food Association, Le Sueur, Minn.
- Mr. Jerry Kozak, President and Chief Executive Officer, National Milk Producers Federation, Arlington, Va.