Dairy promotion boards elect officers
Rosemont, Ill. – Leaders of Dairy Management Inc. ™ (DMI), the National Dairy Promotion and Research Board (NDB) and the United Dairy Industry Association (UDIA) announced the following dairy producers as officers. The elections were held during the 2012 annual meeting of NDB, UDIA and the National Milk Producers Federation (NMPF).
Current DMI officers:
· Chair – Paul Rovey, Glendale, Ariz.
· Vice Chair – James Ahlem, Hilmar, Calif.
· Secretary – David “Skip” Hardie, Lansing, N.Y.
· Treasurer – Steve Hanson, Clovis, N.M.
DMI, which manages the national dairy checkoff program, is funded by the NDB and the United Dairy Industry Association, which serves as the federation of state and regional dairy checkoff-funded promotion organizations.
Current UDIA officers are:
· Chair – William Siebenborn, Trenton, Mo.
· 1st Vice Chair – Neil Hoff, Windthorst, Texas
· 2nd Vice Chair, American Dairy Association® (ADA) Chair – Tom Woods, Gage, Okla.
· 2nd Vice Chair, National Dairy Council® (NDC) Chair – Jerry Messer, Richardton, N.D.
· 2nd Vice Chair, UDIA Member Relations – Paul Broering, St. Henry, Ohio
· Secretary – Steve Frischknecht, Manti, Utah
· Treasurer – Allen Merrill, Parker, S.D.
The UDIA is a federation of state and regional dairy producer-funded promotion organizations that provide marketing programs that are developed and implemented in coordination with its members. The UDIA is overseen by a board comprised of dairy producers elected by their respective boards of their member organizations.
Current ADA officers:
· Chair – Tom Woods, Gage, Okla.
· Vice Chair – Jerrel Heatwole, Greenwood, Del.
· Secretary – Steve Graybeal, Peach Bottom, Pa.
· Treasurer – John Larson, Okeechobee, Fla.
ADA, founded in 1940, is the domestic marketing arm of DMI.
Current NDC officers:
· Chair – Jerry Messer, Richardton, N.D.
· Vice Chair – Paul Doton, Woodstock, Vt.
· Secretary – Joan Smith, Sauquoit, N.Y.
· Treasurer – Lynn Ramsey, Emory, Texas
NDC, founded in 1915, is the producer-funded nutrition education and research arm of DMI and provides nutrition information through national, state and regional dairy council organizations.
Current NDB officers:
· Chair – Stephen Maddox, Riverdale, Calif.
· Vice Chair – Kenton Holle, Mandan, N.D.
· Secretary – Zach Myers, Jonesville, N.C.
· Treasurer – Paul Fritsche, New Ulm, Minn.
The 38-member National Dairy Board, formed in May 1984 under the authority of the Dairy Production Stabilization Act of 1983, carries out coordinated promotion and research programs to help build demand and expand domestic and international markets for dairy products. NDB funds, in part, Dairy Management Inc.™, which manages the national dairy checkoff program.